Sea Eagle 385ft Fast Track Review
Price - 8/10
Design - 10/10
Stability - 10/10
Features - 9/10
Quality - 10/10
The Sea Eagle 385ft is one of the models from SeaEagle that focuses on speed and lightweight design over the conventional more sturdy models that focused more on a very strong and thick design. This kayak will be perfect for those that want something with a little more power think of this like the Ferrari to the comfortable SUV which would be some of the other sea eagle models. we would recommend this kayak for beginner and intermediate kayakers looking to take it on virtually any type of water and that need the portability of an inflatable kayak but still want their inflatable to have all of the features of a hard model. The price tag is a little higher than the other inflatable kayaks that are offered and may be prohibitive to some however it’s been touted as being very worthwhile by the majority of purchasers.Visit The Sea Eagle 385ft Official Product Page
The kayak has sharper features; a narrower, tapered bow which assists with faster entry via wind, waves and current. The new patented state-of-the-art external, rigid inflatable “needleknife” keel offer a faster, smoother paddling experience. The Sea-Eagle 385ft Fast Track is ideal for solo runs or if you prefer to take along a partner, then there is more than enough room. The kayak and the rigidity thereof make for an extremely safe as well as stable boat. It weighs far less as compared to most all-rigid kayaks by at least 30 pounds. The lighter weight and sleeker model allow for excellent handling. The Kayak is ideal for fishing or just cruising around the Bay on a lazy afternoon. The portability of the boat make it a must when decision time comes.
The Sea-Eagle 385ft Fast Track has the same interior width as the 380X but the pontoons are at least an inch slimmer. This very small difference makes for a sleeker appearance.
The paddles rarely scrape the side of the kayak which makes for a smoother paddling experience. The narrower pontoons give a feeling of sitting higher in the kayak which allows you to feel more in control. The smaller pontoons definitely improve the center of gravity on the kayak.
The Sea-Eagle 385ft Fast Track has upgraded the quality of the seating. The new high back seat have additional cushioning and offer a more comfortable paddle. You can paddle for a longer period of time without experience pain or numb feelings in the buttocks.
The inflatable floor has separate air chambers for inflation and this allows high pressure to be reached making the inflated raft extremely solid. It is so solid in fact that you can quite easily stand and paddle if that is what you wanted to do. The rigid floor helps performance because of how it affects the strength of the fin for best tracking.
On open lakes or the ocean, the attached fin will ensure that the kayak glides gracefully through the water but at the same time tracks very well.
- This kayak is faster than other Sea Eagle inflatable kayaks
- There is more than enough for for two people.
- There is decent storage space available on the kayak.
- The very rigid, drop stitch floor allows stability and grace through the water.
- The hull material is completely sun and saltwater resistant reducing the rate of wear and tear.
- Thicker and stronger – This makes it less prone to damage.
- Front and Rear spray skirts.
- Quick set up
- The three year warranty on the products is amazing.
- Customer service from the suppliers and manufacturer are out of this world.
- The included foot pump is easy to use and very efficient, it is easily used by a child under 10 years and up.
- The bag design, although a brilliant idea, seems a little awkward with handles that are clearly too large.
- You have to remove the floor in order to access all the water underneath. This must be done after use and before packing away. Prolongs packing time.
- The open quality of the kayak makes use in very cold water very limited.
- The skeg needs to be used in order to maintain good tracking.
- The skeg is extremely long and in shallow waters it hits the bottom.
The Sea-Eagle 385ft Fast Track is an excellent product. It was a little on the heavy priced side but on receiving it and using it a few times already, I can see that it is quality. I feel very stable and centered on the kayak and have enjoyed paddling with my husband. There was ample room for both us with no discomfort at all. What I really love the most about the kayak is how easy it is for us to put up and take down. It fits into a handy bag that you can leave in the trunk of your car for easy access on a glorious afternoon when you can hear the water calling your name. Extremely strong, sturdy, safe and glides smoothly and quickly through the water with little effort. Definitely worth purchasing. It is durable and will last a very long time if you take the proper precautions.